Top dressing with sand
Why should you sand your lawn?
Sanding and reseeding the lawn. What has contributed to a dense and lush green on soccer fields and golf courses for many years, is also a must for pros in their home garden: top dressing with sand.
If you love and care for your lawn, you should be giving your green a sand treatment twice a year. The results are incredible.
- Sanding loosens compared soils
- Heavy soils become more permeable
- No more waterlogging as the sand helps the drainage
- The soil is aired more effectively
- A smooth surface is created and unevenness is evened out
Ideally, you should use round-grained, washed and lime-free quartz sand (e.g. Rhine sand) on your lawn.
The amount of sand needed depends on your personal circumstances and the steps you have already taken. As a rule of thumb, you should use about 5 liters of sand per m² of lawn.